You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
A Day to Awaken the Soul
Wellness Event Celebrates Holistic and Traditional Healing
Learn, be inspired and sample a wide variety of bodywork and services, all in one place, from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., November 11, at the Awaken Your Soul event, sponsored by Natural Awakenings magazine. This event will be held at The Imperial Room at One Rhodes Place, in Cranston, and will feature some of the most inspiring presenters and practitioners from the state of Rhode Island.
“There really will be something for everybody—from seasoned spiritual seekers to people who are new to it all,” says Paula Cardi, director of philanthropy for The RI Shriners, who is co-organizing the event with Kerri DiBiase, owner of A Peace Filled Soul, in Cranston.
Attendees can sample bodywork and energy work services including reiki, reflexology and massage; gain personal insights from angel card and psychic readings; learn how to deepen or start a meditation practice; and experience crystal and sound healing. Plus, there will be lots of fun opportunities to shop, sample and learn about organic skin care, nutrition, and organic and healthy eating. All activities and light refreshments are included with the $30 ticket, with a cash bar and light menu also available.
The day’s schedule is designed to nurture three different areas of our being: the body, mind and soul. Highlights will include presentations from:
· David Kane, Woonsocket native and talk radio personality. Kane has appeared on various local talk radio shows, including WJAR, WPRO and WNRI, and has authored the book, 41 Signs of Hope. Kane will share stories of the communications he and his family believe they have received from his son Nicholas, the youngest victim of the 2003 Station nightclub fire.
· Jayne Oliver, physic medium. Oliver will host a gallery reading for all attendees, where she will receive and deliver healing messages from passed loved ones to members of the audience.
· Toni-Ann Laprade, women’s holistic health coach and co-founder of Above All Holistic Health & Wellness, in Cranston. Laprade will present HOLI-TALK to motivate and inspire change and paint a new canvas of the future.
· Mark Cahill, former professional baseball player and pitching coach at Brown University, and current owner/operator of a baseball and softball training facility in Warwick. Cahill will share his journey of recovery from throat cancer after reaching out to Curt Schilling of the Boston Red Sox and discovering the healing power of essential oils.
· Jayne M. DeRouin, intuitive, Cranston resident and author of Keeping It Simple: Keys to Living an Uncomplicated Life. DeRouin will share her simple 5-Step Daily Routine to Gain Spiritual Strength.
This event is presented by the Rhode Island Shriners, a fraternal organization that operates the Shriners Hospitals for Children, a network of 22 nonprofit medical facilities across North America.
Cost: $30. Location: One Rhodes Place, Cranston. For tickets and more information, call Paula Cardi at 401-467-7100, ext. 33, visit the RI Shriners Facebook page and RIShriners.com.